1. Seal judgments will take place (Revelation 6:1-17; 8:1-2) (SEE APPENDIX P).
Seal 1. Rider on a white horse – peace (bloodless conquering) (6:2)
Seal 2. Rider on a red horse – war (6:3-4)
The Antichrist will eliminate 3 horns (countries or rulers) on his way to power (Dan 7:8, 24; Rev 17:10 ; 13:3). This could be 3 countries that were part of the 10 which rebel against him and are quickly defeated. Perhaps this is where the United States fits in!
Seal 3. Rider on a black horse – famine (6:5-6)
Seal 4. Rider on a pale horse – death (6:7-8)
Seal 5. Persecution (martyrs in heaven, especially Jews) (6:9-11)
Seal 6. Destruction (great convulsions, earthquakes, volcanoes, sun black, moon red,
stars fall, heavens roll, every mountain & island moved (6:12-17)
Seal 7. Silence (awaiting greater judgments of second half) (8:1-2)
2. During this time the Antichrist will make Babylon the new world capital (like the tower of Babel) It will be the center of the false religious system (Revelation 17) as well as world political center (Revelation 18).
3. The North and allies (Russia and Arab nations around Israel) will move to take control of Palestine, despite the Antichrist’s promise of peace. The Antichrist will tell them to stop but they won’t listen to him (see 4 below). The South (Egypt) will lead an attack against Israel (Dan 11:40). Being disarmed made Israel very vulnerable. The Arabs will have gotten all the concessions they can through treaties and peace summits, thus weakening Israel. When they get no more through peaceful means, they will use warfare. (If Russia doesn’t attack soon she’ll be too weak. Also, controlling Palestine could give her back the power and wealth she has lost.
Dan 11:40 “At the time of the end the king of the South will engage him in battle, and the king of the North will storm out against him with chariots and cavalry and a great fleet of ships. He will invade many countries and sweep through them like a flood.
Ezek 38:1-9, 15-16, 18-19, 21-23 The word of the LORD came to me: “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal; prophesy against him and say: `This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army-your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. Persia , Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops-the many nations with you. “`Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel , which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land. … You will come from your place in the far north, you and many nations with you, all of them riding on horses, a great horde, a mighty army. You will advance against my people Israel like a cloud that covers the land. In days to come, O Gog, I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me when I show myself holy through you before their eyes. … This is what will happen in that day: When Gog attacks the land of Israel , my hot anger will be aroused, declares the Sovereign LORD. In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel . … I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign LORD. Every man’s sword will be against his brother. I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.’
4. The reason for this attack is to get the spoils in unprotected Israel (Ezek 38:11; Joel 2:2-21; Isa 10:12; 30:31-33; 31:8-9). The West, under the Antichrist, will protest but won’t be able to stop them (Ezek 38:13).
5. God will immediately and supernaturally destroy the north and allies, as He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. It will take 7 years to burn all the weapons.
Ezek 39:1-4, 9, 11-12 “Son of man, prophesy against Gog and say: `This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. I will turn you around and drag you along. I will bring you from the far north and send you against the mountains of Israel . Then I will strike your bow from your left hand and make your arrows drop from your right hand. On the mountains of Israel you will fall, you and all your troops and the nations with you. I will give you as food to all kinds of carrion birds and to the wild animals. … “`Then those who live in the towns of Israel will go out and use the weapons for fuel and burn them up-the small and large shields, the bows and arrows, the war clubs and spears. For seven years they will use them for fuel. … `On that day I will give Gog a burial place in Israel , in the valley of those who travel east toward the Sea. It will block the way of travelers, because Gog and all his hordes will be buried there. So it will be called the Valley of Hamon Gog . “`For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them in order to cleanse the land.
6. By the middle of the Tribulation, the third Temple will be rebuilt and functioning in Jerusalem on the site of the Dome of the Rock. It could be built before the Rapture or after, but it will be fully functioning by the middle of the Tribulation.
Matt 24:15 “So when you see standing in the holy place `the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel-let the reader understand-
Dan 9:27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one `seven.’ In the middle of the `seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing [of the temple] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”
Dan 11:31 “His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.
2 Thess 2:3-4 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshipped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.
Rev 11:1-2 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count the worshipers there. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months
7. What about the Dome of the Rock? Perhaps settling this issue will cause Israel to trust the Antichrist. The Arabs will be weakened greatly after the north (Russia) is destroyed. The Antichrist may relocate the Dome of the Rock to the new Babylon as a special privilege for the Arabs. However he will do it, this will cause the Jews to further trust him.
8. The first half of the Tribulation will be full of war and its results: famine and death. Great earthquakes will shake the earth and move every mountain and island. Still, the first 3 ½ years will be relatively peaceful and prosperous. Literally all hell will break loose in the second half.