Dan 11:36-39 “The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place. He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all. Instead of them, he will honor a god of fortresses; a god unknown to his fathers he will honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts. He will attack the mightiest fortresses with the help of a foreign god and will greatly honor those who acknowledge him. He will make them rulers over many people and will distribute the land at a price.
8. The Antichrist will eliminate 3 horns (countries or rulers) on his way to power (Dan 7:8, 24; Rev 17:10; 13:3). This probably is 3 of the 10 countries of the Revived Roman Empire (10 toes, 10 horns). They are quickly and totally defeated by the Antichrist. Perhaps this is where the United States fits in – one of those who rebel and lose their power.
9. He will come bringing world-wide peace, so all will follow him because all want world peace.
Rev 6:2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
10. He will be very, very deceptive and totally mislead the whole world (all unbelievers).
Dan 8:25 He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power.
11. The Tribulation will officially begin with when the Antichrist makes a peace treaty with Israel (and they and the rest of the world disarm).
Dan 9:27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one `seven.’ In the middle of the `seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on a wing [of the temple] he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”
12. The antichrist will be the last Gentile king (Rev. 18:1-24), a world-ruler like NIMROD (Rev 13:7; Dan 11;36; 7:23). He will have supernatural intelligence and persuasiveness (Dan 7:8, 20; 8:23). He will be very crafty and subtle, more than anyone has ever been (Ezek 28:6).
13. It seems he will die and come back to life, counterfeiting Jesus’ resurrection. This ‘miracle’ will win the following of the world. This will probably be close to the start of the Tribulation, maybe even before it. It may be one of the things that causes everyone to follow him.
Rev 13:3-4 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. Men worshipped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshipped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?”
Rev 13:14 Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.