1. This is the 70th week of Daniel (Dan 9:24-27) (SEE APPENDIX N) (see II. C. 2. Above)
2. This is the prophesied time of destruction worldwide (Ezek 38:19-23; 39:9, 25-29; Revelation 6 – 19) (for an outline of Revelation see APPENDIX 0).
3. Grace is over and the Law is back in effect, like in the Old Testament (SEE APPENDIX G). In quoting Isaiah 61:2 Jesus stopped before “the day of vengeance of our God” because that would come next, after Jesus was gone.
Isaiah 61:1-3 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion– to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
Luke 4:16-21 He went to Nazareth , where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
4. The tribulation starts with the Antichrist making a 7-year covenant with Israel, assuring them of peace and protection for their disarming. This makes them vulnerable to attack.
Dan 9:27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one `seven.’
5. There is a time gap between the Rapture and the Tribulation. The Antichrist won’t be known until after the rapture (II Thes 2:3). He will be alive but not seen in the position and power he will have as the Antichrist. The Tribulation itself starts with his 7-year covenant with Israel being signed. How long it will take the Antichrist to assert himself into such a position of power could be 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years (probably several months – Satan will work fast and the Rapture will panic everyone). He will bring stability to a world reeling from the panic the rapture leaves.
6. The Antichrist will come to power by deceiving the world. There is a ‘lie’ of his they will believe.
2 Thess 2:9-12 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
7. No one knows what this lie will be, but it could be his explanation of what happened to everyone just raptured. He could state that the bad were taken and good left (as in Noah’s day). He could say they were taken by space invaders, a confluence of electromagnetism in the atmosphere combined with an unknown atomic ionization process generated by the world’s nuclear power and weaponry stockpiles triggered by lightning (and another reason to have everyone disarm), or some other cause. People will want answers and strong leadership.
8. Despite all that happens, God is in sovereign control over everything (as in Job 1, 2 where Satan had to get permission from God before he could do anything to man).
Rev 13:7 He was given power to make war against the saints and to conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation.
Dan 7:25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time. (GOD allows him access to the saints)
Rev 6:11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed. (God will end the tribulation at HIS timing, when elect are saved.)