SHARON BAPTIST CHURCH
SUNDAY SERVICE 12/04/2015
THE CHURCH OF GOD’S HEART MUST BE TRUSTED BY GOD.
BY STANDING IN THE GAP
By Pastor V.J. Sigudla
“I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn’t have to destroy the land, but I found no one. VERSE EZEKIEL22:30
Throughout the entire Bible God worked with his servants through trust. No prophet was ever used by God if God couldn’t trust that prophet. Some of the great prophets were trusted by God and started very well, but alongside the road they seriously disappointed God.
Such prophets and servants of God are:
1. Samson who was led to the love of this world, fame and lust and he lost the power given to him by God dismally and ended dying with his enemies or committing suicide and homicide simultaneously in the name of God.
2. Moses could not make it to Canaan because of short temperedness.
3. Abraham though came back, but he left the greatest scandal of world war today between Israel, Christians, Jews and the Moslems through Ishmael.
4. Judas Iscariot sold Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. The list goes on.
2. CAN GOD REALLY TRUST US AS A CHURCH OF HIS OWN HEART WITH TROUBLE OR TOUGH SITUATIONS?
1. Life is very simple and appealing if there are no troubles.
2. The sooner trouble arises, by the death of some love ones; we will see the true colours of the people in the house.
3. When marriage start there are no problems and suspicions but let there be one who is no longer working then the true colours of the two people will soon emerge terribly so.
4. Can God then trust us with difficult situations? Check your heart right now.
4.1. Mary the mother of Jesus was trusted with a difficult assignment and she made it.
4.2. Joseph the father of Jesus was trusted with the most difficult assignment of accepting Mary who was pregnant and he made it.
4.3. Daniel, Shadrack, Meshack and Abednego accepted the challenge and God saw them true and they remained faithful to their God.
4.4. Prophet Elijah and Elishah stood their grounds and never disappointed God and much is learned out of them by the Church today.
4.5. God trusted Job even at the point of death when all his kids were killed, he simply said “For I know my redeemer lives “ Job 19:25
5. Can God trust us today with his holy oracles to stand in the gap and represent him wherever we are or stay?
6. Is God really happy with my life as it stands when nobody sees me in the back of my yard and private home alone during the day and during the night?
3. CAN GOD TRUST YOU WITH THE FOLLOWING TOUGH SITUATIONS?
a) Can God trust you with any tough situation here on earth?
b) Can he trust you with your job
c) Can he trust you with your studies?
d) Can he trust you with the Church you are worshipping are you not Judas Iscariot selling us very cheap?
e) Can he trust you where you are looking for a job?
f) Can God really trust you with difficult situation beyond your power?
g) Can he trust you with lot of money
h) Can he trust you with a family
i) Can he trust with Children
j) Can God trust you with your neighbours and their children?
k) Can God trust you with a School that you can lead as a Principal?
l) Can God trust you with a beautiful top of the range vehicle
m) Can God trust you with good job that pays a lot of money will you still be tithing?
n) Can God trust you with great leadership of a nation, Church, school, factory, small group of people etc.
The church of God’s heart should be a trustworthy Church that will be trusted by God at all times.
4.1. The monies of the Church belong to the Church and not us.
4.2. The asserts of the church belong to the Church respectively.
4.3. The members of the Church need to be respected in spite of colour, education and status.
4.4. No one is lesser than another person and we are all the same in the side of God.